Friday, July 10, 2009

Central Park - The Rematch

We had a perfect night for the media challenge in Central Park on Wednesday. Unfortunately, my News Corp. team finished second - again. We were beaten by our old nemisis, McGraw Hill.

I finished the 3.5 miles in 22:50, a 6:31 pace and 41 seconds faster than I ran the same course a few weeks earlier. But it was a fast crowd, and I finished in 23rd place, compared with the 20th place showing previously. (I'm told the summer intern factor played a role in the fast times. That makes sense, but I think the conditions were just considerably nicer than they were the last race.)

Once again I failed to place in the Masters category, though I was just 20 seconds behind my buddy Gregg, who collected some hardware for the third race in a row. Since I narrowed the gap on Gregg, I'm fairly certain he's hearing my footsteps in his dreams.

All in all, it was a wonderful race on a great course on an absolutely flawless night for running. I particularly enjoy spending time with good friends from Dow Jones.

I'm looking forward to a couple long runs this weekend. I'm thinking about doing 6 miles on Saturday and 12 miles on Sunday. The weather looks to be perfect.

Run long!

1 comment:

  1. Wiz: I do hear your footsteps - they beat louder than the tell-tale heart! Stop making me nervous.
    Regards,
    Gregg

    ReplyDelete